Book Title: The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs: The Investor's Guide to Defining Your Renovation Plan, Building Your Budget, and Knowing Exactly How Much It All Costs (BiggerPockets Presents...)
Publisher: BiggerPockets Publishing, LLC
Author: Mr. J Scott
- The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties (BiggerPockets Presents...)
- The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition
- Finding and Funding Great Deals: The hands-on guide to acquiring real estate in any market.
- The Book on Managing Rental Properties: A Proven System for Finding, Screening, and Managing Tenants with Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profits
- The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing!
- The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor: Powerful techniques anyone can use to deduct more, invest smarter, and pay far less to the IRS!
- The Book on Negotiating Real Estate: Expert Strategies for Getting the Best Deals When Buying & Selling Investment Property
- Building Wealth One House at a Time, Updated and Expanded, Second Edition
- Landlording on Autopilot: A Simple, No-Brainer System for Higher Profits and Fewer Headaches
Are you a real estate investor still trying to figure out the complex process of creating a renovation plan and estimating rehab costs for your projects? The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs is written by active real estate fix-and-flipper J Scott, author of the popular real estate website 123Flip.com, and is published by BiggerPockets Publishing, the publishing arm of the premier real estate investing website BiggerPockets.com.
This 200+ page book provides a step-by-step methodology for learning how to create a Scope of Work (SOW) and how to estimate rehab costs on your renovation projects. Whether you’re a rehabber, a wholesaler or a landlord, this book will teach you the process of evaluating the scope of a rehab project and estimating the cost of completing that renovation. This is the methodology that the author has used to over the years to complete hundreds of rehabs, both for himself and for other investors.
From cosmetic renovations to mechanical installations and upgrades to complex renovation components such as mold, termites and foundation issues, you’ll learn how to break down your renovation into its major and minor components, learn the most common tasks associated with those renovation components, and learn how to accurately price each of the renovation tasks.
Table of Contents (Chapter Level)
How To Use This Book
Factors That Impact Rehab Costs
Methods of Estimation
The 25 Renovation Components
Format of Discussion
A Word About Cost Estimates
Component #1: Roof
Component #2: Gutters/Soffit/Fascia
Component #3: Siding
Component #4: Exterior Painting
Component #5: Decks/Porches
Component #6: Concrete
Component #7: Garage
Component #8: Landscaping
Component #9: Septic System
Component #10: Foundation
Component #11: Demo
Component #12: Plumbing
Component #13: Electrical
Component #14: HVAC
Component #15: Framing
Component #16: Insulation
Component #17: Sheetrock
Component #18: Carpentry (Doors, Window, Trim)
Component #19: Interior Painting
Component #20: Cabinets/Countertops
Component #21: Flooring
Component #22: Permits
Component #23: Mold
Component #24: Termites
Component #25: Miscellaneous